Ms. Jennifer's Classroom Explorations
"I'm going to use pink for the legs."
November 26, 2012
Throughout the course of the semester, the children continued to explore with animals. The children had begun to draw animals as a means of representing their ideas.
Nearly every day the children would also ask "can we paint today?" I wanted to incorporate paint into their animal study and their drawing as a means of representation. I provided the children with a pallet of paint, small paint brushes, and pictures of their favorite animals to inspire the following pictures.
Myrna's Elephant: "It has a round body. The trunk is so long and I am going to use pink for the legs."
Carter's Lion: "He is like brown yellow with a long, long tail. Look, here is his belly button."
Lily's Cheetah: "My cheetah is yellow with black spots like the one in the picture. The tail is long and she has four legs."
Adam's Tiger: "My tiger isn't orange like that one but he has legs and eyes and stripes."